重量：2.2kg 頁數：1204 裝訂：平裝 開數: 27.5 x 21.6 cm 印刷：彩色
Available for the first time in Achieve, the definitive reference text for biochemistry Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 8e helps students focus on the most important aspects of biochemistry- the principles! Dave Nelson, Michael Cox, and new co-author Aaron Hoskins identify the most important principles of biochemistry and direct student attention to these with icons and resources targeted to each principle.
The 8th edition has been fully updated for focus, approachability, and up-to-date content. New and updated end-of-chapter questions -all available in the Achieve problem library with error-specific feedback and thorough solutions. These questions went through a rigorous development process to ensure they were robust, engaging and accurate.
Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 8e continues to help students navigate the complex discipline of biochemistry with a clear and coherent presentation. Renowned authors David Nelson, Michael Cox, and new co-author Aaron Hoskins have focused this eighth edition around the fundamental principles to help students understand and navigate the most important aspects of biochemistry. Text features and digital resources in the new Achieve platform emphasize this focus on the principles, while coverage of recent discoveries and the most up-to-date research provide fascinating context for learning the dynamic discipline of biochemistry.
Achieve supports educators and students throughout the full range of instruction, including assets suitable for pre-class preparation, in-class active learning, and post-class study and assessment. The pairing of a powerful new platform with outstanding biochemistry content provides an unrivaled learning experience.
CONTENTS in Brief
1. The Foundations of BiochemistryI
2. Water, the Solvent of Life
3. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
4. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins
5. Protein Function
7. Carbohydrates and Glycobiology
8.Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids
9. DNA-Based Information Technologies
11. Biological Membranes and Transport
12. Biochemical Signaling
13. Introduction to Metabolism
14.Glycolysis, Gluconeogenesis, and the Pentose Phosphate Pathway
15. The Metabolism of Glycogen in Animals
16.The Citric Acid Cycle
17. Fatty Acid Catabolism
18. Amino Acid Oxidation and the Production of Urea
19. Oxidative Phosphorylation
20. Photosynthesis and Carbohydrate Synthesis in Plants
21. Lipid Biosynthesis
22. Biosynthesis of Amino Acids, Nucleotides, and Related Molecules
23.Hormonal Regulation and Integration of Mammalian Metabolism
24. Genes and Chromosomes
25. DNA Metabolism
26. RNA Metabolism
27. Protein Metabolism
28. Regulation of Gene Expression